Sliding Steady Rest Module
How to machine long parts on a slant bed turning center not prearranged for the use of a steady rest? We have the solution for you!
The sliding steady rest module (solution patented by M.T.) requires the driven tool power only to operate both the sliding to reach the piece, as well as the closing and opening of the hydraulic steady rest.
The structure is designed in order to reduce the problems of interference in the machining area also on small size machines and working on the sub spindle.
The sliding steady rest module can be equipped with wireless microswitches to detect the parking position and the position of piece support. M.T. can supply a dedicated control unit for the interface with the numeric control of the machine.
The tightening force can be easily adjusted by operating on the dedicated valves.
The main features of M.T.'s sliding steady rest module are:
- Allows the machining of long parts on lathes not prearranged for the assembly of an hydraulic steady rest!
- Does not require additional piping or complicated cables or rotary distributors on the turret!
- Cost effective compared to the mounting of an additional carriage for the steady rest!
The sliding steady rest module is available in two different sizes:
- Size 1: for parts with diameter 4 - 64 mm
- Size 2: for parts with diameter 8 - 101 mm
The sliding steady rest module is necessary for many multi turret turning center and is available for many different machine models.
Find the model suitable for your application in our online catalogue.